POSITION TITLE: Independent Living Skills Coordinator
SUPERVISOR: Deputy Director
EMPLOYMENT STATUS: Full time
DATE REVIEWED: 04/01/2023
POSITION SUMMARY: Primarily responsible for the coordination of transition services for young adults and others with disabilities. Coordinate and implement independent living skills curriculum; maintain a network of schools, parents, and professionals.
1. Ensure the provision of transition services, including but not limited to:
2. Provide training to persons with disabilities, parents, school personnel, and professionals on transition issues and activities.
3. Provide information and referral on transition services and related community-based support services.
4. Coordinate independent living skills instruction/workshops for consumers with ARCIL's Deputy Director.
5. Provide in-service training on transition issues to staff, consumers, family, and professionals as necessary.
6. Ensure contract and procedure compliance for service delivery.
7. Provide ongoing support and follow-up evaluations.
8. Act as liaison to consumer advisory committees
9. Maintain necessary documentation for consumer records.
10. Prepare required documentation and reports.
11. Delivery of services that are reflective of:
12. Provide feedback to supervisor for improving the quality-of-service delivery.
13. Other duties as assigned.
Bachelor's degree in education or related field. Demonstrated skills and experience in the provision of transition services for persons with disabilities may substitute for a degree) and experience directly related to the provision of educational services for persons with disabilities and community networking activities. Good communication (oral and in writing) and problem-solving skills.