Position: Relocation services specialist
Assumes the responsibility for identifying, organizing and assuring services for eligible consumers for relocation from nursing facilities. Performs all activities assigned in grant work plan to meet objectives. Reports to and is supervised by the Relocation Coordinator. This position provides services in Austin, Round Rock, San Marcos and surrounding counties. Location may alternate between Austin and San Marcos office. Must have a valid Texas Driver License and a registered vehicle to perform the job. Hourly-40 per week
- Receives referrals from Individuals interested in relocating from an “Interest“ List and other referral sources.
- Conducts and coordinates with Relocation Services Coordinator all required case management functions (includes delivery of goods purchased for relocation) within specified timeframes.
- Coordinates assessment activity of Consumers for relocation or for inclusion on an “Interest” list.
- Maintains full, accurate, and current documentation of evaluations, assessments, needs, progress, services, financial data and all other categories of information required in each Consumer’s record and for monthly reporting forms.
- Performs outreach to nursing facilities and other appropriate agencies regarding relocation services.
- Facilitates applications for services and supports to ensure the success of relocation.
- Provides direct services in the four (4) core areas of advocacy, information and referral, peer support, and independent living skills training.
- Networks with social service, medical, educational, and governmental agencies as assigned to ensure appropriate supports are in place for relocated Consumers.
- Understands subscribes to and advocates the philosophy and values of independent living, culturally relevant education, empowerment, and community integration.
- Maintains thorough knowledge of appropriate health and social services delivery systems and provide an opportunity for consumers to make informed decisions.
- Meets regularly with Consumers to discuss progress, problems, and plans.
- Conducts follow-up activities for a minimum of 90 days after the consumer relocates.
- Assists with special projects as assigned.
- Complies with ARCIL Inc.’s policies and procedures. Utilizes ARCIL Inc.’s resources efficiently.
The previous statements reflect the general duties considered necessary to describe the principal functions of the job as identified, and shall not be considered as a detailed description of all the work requirements that may be inherent in the position. This position is Full Time for 40 hours per week. Individual must have a valid drivers license and own vehicle to provide relocation services.
Bachelor’s degree with one year of experience in the social services field providing direct services to Consumers,
Any combination of experience and education that in the opinion of the Executive Director, qualifies the individual for the position.
All candidates recommended for hire must pass a driver license and background check.
Bilingual in Spanish
Fluent in ASL
Minimum knowledge, skills, and abilities to perform the job and requirements of the position.